public inbox for passt-dev@passt.top
* More mbuto pain
@ 2022-06-28  5:31 David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2022-06-28  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: passt-dev

Now that the mbuto profile change is around, I tried getting the passt
tests working.  I fixed a couple of minor problems, before hitting
another mbuto issue.

On my host, mbuto isn't managing to find and include the virtio_net
module.  I think this is because on current Fedora the modules in
/lib/modules are compressed.  So it needs to include:
    /lib/modules/5.18.6-200.fc36.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/virtio_net.ko.xz
but I think it's only looking for a plain '.ko' file.

I had a look at the mbuto code to see if I could fix it, but I'm
afraid mbuto is a long way past the complexity level at which I find
shell remotely comprehensible.

--
				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: More mbuto pain
@ 2022-06-28  7:17 ` Stefano Brivio
From: Stefano Brivio @ 2022-06-28  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: passt-dev

[Adding Sevinj... if you have some time to have a look]

On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 15:31:23 +1000
David Gibson <david(a)gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:

> Now that the mbuto profile change is around, I tried getting the passt
> tests working.  I fixed a couple of minor problems, before hitting
> another mbuto issue.
>
> On my host, mbuto isn't managing to find and include the virtio_net
> module.  I think this is because on current Fedora the modules in
> /lib/modules are compressed.  So it needs to include:
>     /lib/modules/5.18.6-200.fc36.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/virtio_net.ko.xz
> but I think it's only looking for a plain '.ko' file.

Correct. I guess all it takes is to accept .ko, .ko.gz, .ko.xz, perhaps
something else in these expressions:

	__t="$(${BASENAME} -- "${__t%*.ko}")"

	__src="$(${FIND} ${__find_path}	-name "${__t}.ko")"

in kmod_add(), but I haven't tried yet.

@ 2022-06-28 19:06   ` Sevinj Aghayeva
From: Sevinj Aghayeva @ 2022-06-28 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: passt-dev

Sure, I will take a look.

--

Sevinj.Aghayeva

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1918 bytes --]

* Re: More mbuto pain
@ 2022-07-05 17:56 ` Stefano Brivio
From: Stefano Brivio @ 2022-07-05 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: passt-dev